This course for 16-20 year olds concentrates on the two main areas of stagecraft and method acting. It is specifically designed for those young people who would like to follow a career or further studies in Theatre Arts and Acting. It is ideal for those students taking HSC Drama in Year 12.
The course features:
• The basics of Theatre – live theatre and its place in society, how theatres work, who does what, theatre terminology, the technical roles: lights, sound, props etc.
• The basics of Production – deciding on the show, developing the show from script to stage, the role of the director, the audition process, the rehearsal process.
• Acting Skills – how to develop your character, techniques of method acting, voice projection, elocution and diction, movement.
• Monologue Skills – how to deliver a first-class monologue, write a monologue of your own.
• Shakespeare – understanding Shakespeare and his audiences – both then and now, the tragedies, the comedies, the history plays explained, how to perform Shakespeare and understanding the language of Shakespeare.
The tutor for this course is Penny Dennis BA, GradDipEd. She is a fully qualified teacher of HSC English, a playwright (Autumn Song, Jetty Theatre 2014, Companion Planting – in production for 2017) with over 10 years acting experience. She is a committee member of CHATS Productions Inc.
To find out more about times, costs and start dates for this course, please contact the Education Centre on 02 6652 2222 or email email@example.com
Class Times: 2017 tba
Venue: The Education Centre, 62 Bray ST, Coffs Harbour